There is a risk of bruising with any injection. Avoid scheduling your appointment within two weeks of any event you would not want to be bruised for.
• Avoid alcohol for 24 hours before your appointment
• Stop taking blood thinners (fish oils, aspirin, ibuprofen) for at least 1 week prior to your appointment
• Oral arnica to help with bruising (optional) should be started 2 days prior to treatment
ANTI-WRINKLE AFTERCARE (DYSPORT/XEOMIN/BOTOX)
• No rubbing the injection sites
• No laying flat for 4 hours
• No vigorous exercise for that day
• Do not apply makeup after your treatment for the rest of the day and keep treatment areas clean to prevent infection Arnica (oral or topical) can be taken to help minimize bruising and swelling.
If you experience a headache, as this is the most common side effect, you may take Tylenol if needed.
• No dental procedures for 2 weeks
• Keeping head propped up when sleeping the night of will help decrease swelling
• Do not apply makeup after your treatment for the rest of the day and keep treatment areas clean to prevent infection
Lip filler aftercare:
• Avoid sucking motions (such as straws) for two weeks after lip filler to allow proper healing
• No chapsticks or lipsticks after treatment for that day
• No need to massage or ice the lips Arnica (oral or topical) can be taken to help minimize bruising and swelling.
Severe pain, paleness or coolness of the skin, blistering or tiny bumps post-injection is NOT normal. Please contact us immediately if you experience any of those symptoms.